After you have completed the NRA Basic Pistol class, there is a very good possibility you will not be very comfortable shooting a revolver or semi-automatic pistol. This is perfectly normal, as the NRA Basic Pistol class is only designed as an introduction to pistols, nomenclature and handgun safety.
Our Handgun Pistol Refresher program is a 90 minute experience designed to get you more comfortable with a handgun. During this shooting refresher we will review:
- Standard handgun safety
- Visual and physical checks of the barrel, chamber and magazine well
- Loading and unloading the handgun
- Handgun grip
- Ready positions
- Shooting stance
- Sight alignment and sight picture
- Trigger control and prepping the trigger
- Follow through
This program may be taken multiple times, and as its name implies, it is a perfect refresher if you’ve completed the NRA Basic Pistol class, but have been away from shooting sports for more than six months.
The course fee excludes applicable range fees.
- $45 each for between two and four students, plus the cost of ammunition you shoot
- One-on-one private training is available
What you Need
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection (Electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Proper gear for the weather.
- (Optional) A quality compact or full-size service pistol. We suggest 9mm only from a cost point, but you can also shoot any popular cartridge.